The Central Laws (Extension To Arunachal Pradesh) Act, 1993
[ACT No.44 of 1993]
[27th May 1993]
An Act to Provide for the extension of certain Central laws to the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Forty Fourth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
2. Extension of certain laws.
The Acts mentioned in the Schedule and all rules orders, regulations and schemes made thereunder are hereby extended to and shall be in force in the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
3. Construction of references to laws not in force in Arunachal Pradesh.
Any reference in any Act mentioned in the Schedule to a law which is not in force in the State of Arunachal Pradesh shall in relation to that State be construed as a reference to the corresponding law if any in force in that State.
4. Construction of references to authorities where new authorities have been constituted.
Any reference by whatever form of words in any law for the time being in force in the State of Arunachal Pradesh to any authority competent at the date of the passing of that law to exercise any power or discharge any functions in that State shall where a corresponding new authority has been constituted or under any law now extended to that State have effect as if it were a reference to the new authority.
5. Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of any Act now extended to the State of Arunachal Pradesh the Central Government my by order notified in the Official Gazette make such provisions or give such directions as appear to it necessary for the removal of the difficulty
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power any such notified order may
(a) Specify the corresponding authorities within the meaning of section 4 Power to remove difficulties
(b) Provide for the transfer of any matter pending immediately before the commencement of this Act before any court tribunal or other authority to any corresponding court tribunal or other authority for disposal.
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(3) Every order made under this section shall be laid before each House of Parliament
6. THE SCHEDULE
(See section 2)
|1862||3||The Government Seal Act, 1862|
|1873||5||The Government Savings Banks Act, 1873|
|1874||4||The Foreign Recruiting Act, 1874|
|1881||26||The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881|
|1884||4||The Explosive Act, 1884|
|1885||13||The Indian Telegraph Act, 1885|
|1888||4||The Indian Reserve Forces Act, 1888|
|1905||4||The Indian Railway Board Act, 1905|
|1908||6||The Explosive Substances Act, 1908|
|1938||5||The Manoeuvres, Field Firing and Artillary Practice Act, 1938|
|1941||25||The Railways (Local Authorities Taxation) Act, 1941|
|1948||31||The National Cadet Corps Act, 1948|
|1948||37||The Census Act, 1948|
|1948||46||The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948|